Step-by-step Tutorial : Root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 Gingerbread 2.3.6 All Firmwares
Why we Need to Root Our Phone ::
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S Mobile is Make it possible to updates all latest software or third party packs install to your mobile possible SuperGeekForum Presents the Routing tutorial about Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 on all Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware versions. Check your Device for the latest baseband firmwares ZSDL1, DXLD1, ZSLE4, XXLD1, XXLD2,DDLI1, DXLD2, PXXLD2, DDLD4, JPLD3, and XXLE2. If your device is running with anyone of above firmwares then you can root the device easily by following my guide. if you root your phone and install clockworkmod CWM recovery then you can install Custom Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM.
Rooting Warning Note:
- SuperGeek is not responsible for any kind of damage to you or your phone etc.
- If anything happens to your device we won’t responsible for that damage.
- Rooting will voids the warranty of the device.
- Do it as your own risk by following below steps carefully.
- Make sure that you have backup the data, because rooting this process is going to clear all data from your device.
Step 0: Requirements for Root process :
- This root tutorial will only works on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070.
- Now just Check for any security antivirus etc and disabled them on your Computer. because sometime they block the rooting process .
- You need to turn on the Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S i9070.
- By go to your phone:: ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and ticking the USB Debugging option box.
- Make sure to fully charged your mobile battery to max 100% full charge.
- Advice: Before going to start the root process you must go to phone settings->click about phone and look for basedband version number.
- Note down that number in notepad and save it on the desktop.
Steps and Procedure for Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Download working root package zip file from here to PC. and extract it in a folder.
- Now just Open the folder there you can see a file name Odin3 v1.83.exe.
- run the Odin3 v1.83 application in the computer.
- Turn off the device in order to enter into download mode.
- For that do like this press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together + Power On the device simultaneously.
- After 1 min you will get a download mode with green android robot image.
- Now just Connect your Samsung Galaxy S to the Computer via USB data cable while Odin is open.
- Once your device get connected, ID:COM section turns yellow in color. If it not than you need to try to reconnect your device.
- In Odin tool you need to two select two files into their respective fields.
- a) Click PIT tab and then select the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit file from the extracted folder which we done in step 2. Once you selected the file left side Re-partition filed will be tick marked automatically. So you need to uncheck it manually. For more idea see the below picture.
- b) Click PDA section and then select the rootkernel.tar.md5.
- c) You need to uncheck all other option except ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F Reset Time’.
- Click on ‘Start’ button and wait for the process to get completed. The Samsung Galaxy S device will reboot automatically.
- Now you must try to install Superuser and Busybox from Google Play Store which is the easiest way to do it. Once you installed both apps then your device will be rooted successfully.
- Well it’s time to switch back to stock original kernel basedband firmware version number. Because above we used kernel for rooting the device have some problems like sudden reboots and lags.
- So that you need to install exact kernel to the device again. I already told you above advice note down the number and save it on the PC.
- Download anyone of the them based on current firmware DDLD4, JPLD3, ZSLE4, XXLD2, XXLE2,BULE2, DDLI1, DXLD2 andr PXXLD2.
- Right now my baseband version is XXLE4. So I’m going to download xxle2 file to go back to stock version.
- Choose the file according to your device baseband version.
- 1. Run the Odin application again in the PC.
- 2.Turn off the device and Boot into Download mode. For that press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and Power On the device.
- 3. Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
- 4. Click on PDA tab and select the file which you downloaded recently. I selected xxle4.tar.md5because before I was running on this firmware.
5. Now just Click on Start and let the process complete . after that the device will be reboot automatically. That’s all now the Samsung Galaxy S device is rooted perfectly without any problems. In case if you find any issues with above procedure comment here. SuperGeekForum will try to solve your problem