- Android (Gingerbread) first PlayStation Certified Android smartphone
- Xperia™ PLAY provides superb stereo sound and support for multi-player gaming.
- Multi-tasking. Wi-Fi. A refreshed user interface and keyboard improvements. Your Xperia™ PLAY is powered by Android (Gingerbread), the fastest Android version to date.
Xperia Play Incredible graphics
- Crisp colours and silky-smooth 3D gaming graphics: the 4″ capacitive multi-touch screen is powered by a Snapdragon graphic processor.
Search the web the easy way
- A cheap hotel for your weekend break Game reviews Find what you want on the web with Google Voice Search™. You can also use your voice to navigate, send a text message and more.
Real game controller
- Feel the action with real console controls – dedicated gaming keys, shoulder buttons and an analogue touch joystick.
- And to make the gaming experience complete, Xperia™ PLAY provides superb stereo sound and support for multi-player gaming.
- The Xperia™ PLAY is the first PlayStation™ Certified Android™ smartphone. It’s built on the gaming expertise of Sony Computer Entertainment.
More than 150,000 apps for download
The Xperia Full Features and Specifications —
The Xperia PLAY Screen
- 854 x 480 pixels / 4.0″ 16,777,216 colour TFT
Xperia Play Connectivity
- Utilise high-speed Internet at Wi-Fi™ hotspots at airports and other facilities.
- Synchronisation – Exchange ActiveSync
- Stay seamlessly synchronised with your Microsoft Exchange email server.
- USB mass storage
- Connect and move items between computer and phone.
- Bluetooth™ technology
- Connect wirelessly to other Bluetooth™ devices.
- Synchronisation via Facebook™
- Match your Facebook™ friends with your phone contacts.
- Use GPS-powered location-based services.
Xperia Play Communication
- Video-chat ready
- Prepared for video chats through the front-facing camera (application dependant).
- Twitter™ – Application
- Let the world know how you feel and what you think – say it with a tweet.
- Facebook™ application
- Stay in touch with your friends on Facebook™ through your phone.
Xperia Play Messaging
- Text messaging (SMS)
- Send text greetings anywhere in the world.
- Check your email inbox wherever you are.
- Say it via chat-style text messaging
- Predictive text input Fast and easy text messaging.
- Instant messaging Online chat. On the move.
Xperia Play Music
- TrackID™ music recognition
- Record a few seconds of a song and get track, artist and album information sent to your phone in seconds.
- Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
- Music from your phone to headset over a wireless connection.
- Stereo speakers
- Listen out loud – a full sound experience via stereo speakers.
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Share your music via the extra jack. Use any headphones with a standard-sized 3.5 mm connector.
Xperia Play Camera
- Front-facing camera (VGA)
- Your phone is video-chat ready – and the front-facing camera is great for self-portraits, too.
- Camera – 5 megapixel
- Capture and share special moments.
- Flash / light type – Photo light
- When lighting conditions are poor, your picture can still be good.
Xperia Play Networks and Backup –
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 Talk time 8 hours 25 min Standby time 425 hours
- UMTS/HSPA 800/850/1900/2100 Talk time 6 hours 25 min 413 hours
- UMTS/HSPA 900/2100 Talk time 6 hours 25 min Standby time 413 hours
Xperia Play Memory
- Phone memory up to 400MB
- microSD™ (supported to 32GB)
- Actual free memory may vary due to phone pre-configuration
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Price in India :
- The new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Price in India is Rs.31,500 .